So it turns out, when i was injured i developed a condition called Reflex Symathetic Dystraphy (RSD). It is also known as Complex Regional Pain Syndrom. Doctors do not know what happens exactly and there is no cure for it but it is treatable. The treatments I am currently recieving include Neurotin in a pill form I am easing my way to 9 pills a day, Apatch called Lidoderm which is an anesthetic as well as blocking nerve signals being sent in that part of my body, and finally an injection in my spine every two weeks. Currently I have a mild case, doesn't feel that way though, and it is in early stages however, if it goes untreated or the treatment doesnt work things could turn badly. Currently it has spread from just where the break was up to my knee, water, tempurature, and touch hurt as well as a sharp stabbing pains randomly. I just wanted to let everyone know my situation, do not worry it could be much worse than it is, I will most likely be completely fine with the treatments as long as I stay on them. If you wish to find out more on RSD you can go to google and type in RSD and all you need to know will come up. Love you all, Justin
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That sucks dude!
Scott and I are praying for you. We are sorry to know you are in so much pain, but grateful to know you have the best doctors and your condition was caught early.
Glad, he had all the help from the doctor but sadly it happen to him even he haven't made it thru Army but God had the plan for Justin. I am sure he will have something new in his life that will come to him as soon he is home from Georgia. I really want him home and to be with us. None of us expecting this happening AT THE TRAINING BOOT CAMP..but you know SON...you better off to be home and safe and be with family and like Grandma said..look in good side..you have family and also go up north to relax so why not just you and I go up north alone and take our time and play some cards...Love you son!!
MOM
Post a Comment