This is the easiest place for me to post this:
Attention Kurt, Josh, Lea, Emily, Rj and Justin: (everyone else can ignore this)
I finally got around to drawing names for Christmas:
Kurt - Emily
Hope - Josh
Josh - RJ
Lea - Kurt
Justin - Lea
RJ - Hope (I swear this is like the third year that you've had my name....just meant to be I suppose. Or maybe it's because you give good gifts and I rig it up so you always have me :D )
Emily - Justin
So we have several things we can do here.
1- Typical $15 limit gift exchange
2- "Go Green" and limit ourselves to $5.00 Gift has to be found, made or purchased second hand
3- Game - in which case we'll ignore the list and play the white elephant game. One at a time drawn out of hat, grab a gift and open it. The next person and choose that gift or pick from the middle. It's a wicked game of theft and fun.
4- we ditch the list and everyone just buys one present and gives it to the favorite *oldest* sister.... oh wait that would be ME. :P
Let me know. :) Or if you have a better idea please feel free to come forward and make suggestions.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Absolutely nothing to do with military....but I don't care
Posted by Hope at 7:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
Emily Votes for #1. It would be easiest esspecially living out of state and being away.
Go Green is virtually impossible to come by down here. Its all purple and yellow.
And getting a white elephant from down here would be baby related cuz thats all they have and you sure as heck dont want the crap from our house (new purse or shoes anyone?).
Hope, to answer what you wrote on the other blog. I will be home for about 3 weeks over christmas. That way i can collect Rjs gifts while im there. Im looking forward to going home, i may just be DYING to go back...
P.s. Will justin be home by christmas or not?
P.S.S
Hope, Rj may give really great gifts but guys whos gonna end up doing the buying...ME!! Dont get too excited now.
Oh wait, for my 5th comment (4th technically). I cange my vote to 1 AND 3. You buy your gift for the specified person AND bring a white elephant. You do your 'formal' christmas then throw that out the window and have some crazy fun with the white elephant. Then everyone gets 2 gifts (from siblings).
We do it that way on my moms side of the family.
Hummmm? Do Lillian and I just watch? LOL!!!
Mom- we've done a sibs gift exchange every year since Kurt and I got married....
Emily,
Your last idea sounds fun, but instead of buying a second present why don't we do that with the first present. Knock the price range down to $10.00 purchase a mutual gift and use that for the game. That way we're not getting something we would turn around and throw away, but also something worth stealing?
Oh- by the "go green" I didn't mean something actually green, but green in the sense of eco friendly :)
Mom- if you want to get included in the drawing you can. That way you don't have to purchase a gift for everyone of us kids. Just purchase one gift and then gifts for Lillian. You'll save a TON of money!!!!
I'm sort of watching the debate, so I only skimmed the comments (sorry if you've already decided), but a fun idea might be for you to do a yankee swap -- lots of fun!
I still like my idea best. LOL. and that way mom and Lillian can do the 2nd part too
Janine, What is a Yankee Swap??
And what I want to know is - why no one is thrilled about #4???
It's a good idea Emily, but the whole idea of drawing names is to save money. We have a very strict budget this year, so if we are going to do two presents then we need to knock down the gift exchange five dollars to free up some money.
We need to take in consideration of the others - who apparently either don't care, or don't frequent the blog, as well. I'll just send out some emails.
we could set the limit for gift 1..the name draw. and the 2nd part would be white elephant...its a free gift that no one has to buy..so i guess im confused on how thats too much monet
So Janine, have you decided after the debate? As for my input for the gift exchange... I have never been a big fan of the gag gift style exchange. I am not opposed to it if we do desirable gifts.
wait wait do i get to vote? this is rj i think you all should come to fob felcon and i can give you all a big present sound good to me
Post a Comment