I found this website with TONS of care package ideas. It has pretty much any thing on there that you can think of and then some!
http://www.geocities.com/militarycarepackage/
If you goto the post office they have what are called Flat Rate Boxes. Its pretty much ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING that you can fit inside the box goes (as long as it follows the rules) and its only about 7bucks to send. There are 2 different shapes but they are roughly the same size so it depends on what your sending. Did i mention the boxes are free?
This is my goal. I would like to see every family unit (including myself) to send 1 care package a month. Some can be personal and some can be for the rest of the unit, just making sure Rj is getting the Care he needs. I think it'll be a fun challange to try for all of us.
Im starting my 1st package today!
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Care packages
Posted by Rj and Emily at 1:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I will have to find something to send..what did you send him? oh wait..tell me in messenger so he won't see what u said..
Smile!!
We are sending out a package on Monday!!! I wish we could have gotten it to him by his birthday, but we didn't have the address in time. :(
Oh well...
I have his name for Christmas so I am sending him a Christmas present. So basically that's everyother month for us.
Let us know if you want us to fill in another month :)
The goal is to get every family group to send one a month. I was thinking about giving a prize (50 bucks cash) to which family group sends the most.
i win bc i can buy whatever i need hope i have tuff for lillian and does anyone know what aunt mary wants i already asked her a while ago nd she just sent me a plane ol email stating nothing of what she wants
Ask Uncle Curt..he would tell you what Aunt Mary would want!!
Emily-
Thanks for posting that link. There is some absolutely amazing things. I loved the fun stuff link.
We are still going to send packages overseas. If Rj doesn't want them there are other soliders that don't have families. As long as I have a solider deployed packages WILL be sent. Whether they are appreciated or not. They can simply be passed to someone else who needs them.
I like your attitude Hope
Post a Comment