A few letters from RJ
Thursday 4-17-08
“I’m very happy that you have been talking to my family. If you keep learning sign language that would be awesome”….. “I mainly joined the military to protect my loved ones and the freedoms I enjoy everyday.”…… “Its so cool that your Google earthing Fort Benning. This place is massive. I’m on San Hill if that helps any.” ….. “It makes me sooo happy that your getting involved with my family.” ….. “I’m on fireguard right now. Its 3:04am and wake up is at 5:00am. We have 2 suicide watches. 4 guys per 1, and 7 hours of sleep and 14 fire guard every hour with 56 guys in the Bay..It equals NO SLEEP!!!”….. “I do wash my hands, all the time, every chance I get, I promise. Every time I wake up I wash them, every time I go to the bathroom too.” …… “So what are you and my mother talking about? And Jill….Are you taking Rod and Jill away from me?”…. “I’m so excited to see Justin on Sunday at church. I cant even believe I just said that. My dad writes me once a day to keep me up with things.”…. “the food here isn’t that bad but we only get 2 minutes to eat it. Thanks for eating some dessert for me. Hope you didn’t you get sick from it.” …… “I lost 6lbs since I have been here but I gained more muscle. I’m going to work harder at I but I just don’t get enough sleep. Imagine that I went from not needing sleep to needing sleep. “
Saturday 4-19-08
“Good news, I’m out of the red phase, now I’m in white phase. I doubt we’ll stay in the white phase long because people are childish.”…. “Sunday I go to church then we pretty much do nothing just like today (Saturday). Its okay bc it gives my body time to recuperate.”
Monday 4-21-08
“If you didn’t get my message I called you and left you a message. I almost started crying so I don’t really remember what I said. I’ll try next time whenever that will be. I heard you have been saying stuff on the blog.” …. “So about my awesome week. I shot a 50 caliber and mark (grenade launcher). I shoot the AT4 (rocker launcher), and next week its all about my M16!. I am almost ½ way done with basic training but then I have AIT.” …… “I told Justin and he said “so I have to start getting along with her?” and I said “absolutely” but he seemed happy none the less.”
Wednesday 4-23-08
“Letters seem to take forever to arrive. I hate it.” The rest of the letter is all replies to things that I had wrote him about my graduation and my college classes among a few other things.
Monday 4-28-08
“I haven’t received mail from anyone in 10 days. Our drill sergeants aren’t handing out mail. I think the reason is BRM (basic rifle marksmanship). I don’t want to make you feel bad but its really tearing me apart.” ….. “I just need mail so please don’t anyone stop writing.”
Tuesday 4-29-08
“I just received one of your letters!!!! It’s the one that had the pictures in it! They still have a bunch of our mail and I know I have more from you but we’re still doing BRM and they want us to stay focused. My mom told me you cried.” …… “My whole family is excited, I feel them supporting me fully.” ….. “I don’t know how fast you want to get married but I wouldn’t mind going to the courthouse, getting married, then at a later date have a big wedding. Just a suggestion.” ….. “I heard about the care package you sent Justin.”
Letter from JUSTIN! No date.
“Thank you for the package! We all loved the baggies & I love the magazines. We really have no idea what goes on outside of boot camp so I was happy to see the magazines” I sent 2 News Weeks “I am going to start reading them tomorrow so I can write letters tonight. I’m sure RJ told you already but he told me the news on Sunday. Congratulations! I have a few questions for you so you are going to have to take some time away from writing RJ to write me. smiley face. First topic is the engagement. If I ask some questions that sound girlie its simply because I’m a romantic so I want know these thing & if you don’t want to answer you don’t have to. In your words how did he ask you and how did you feel about it? Have you thought about where you will live, go to RJ’s base station to stay near family? How do you feel about the family your marrying into? Bringing me to our next topic, us. Now don’t lie b/c RJ tells me a lot! How do you feel about me and being related to me?” Blah Blah Blah some stuff to stay in between him and I. “Next question, I cant remember, are you a Stat or Michigan fan? Be careful! There is a right and a wrong answer to that question! Another important question, do you like children and how many of my nieces and nephews will you be having? I love kids! How do you feel about RJ going to war?” at this point there’s a huge line down the center of the page and next to it it says “yeah I feel asleep” Its hilarious looking. “ Okay so we had a very long and hot day today and my platoon was really good so my DS gave us a 2 hour pass, I drank a huge energy drink and now I cant hold still! Wow, so last night was crazy. I don’t usually drink caffeine and yesterday for some reason I thought an energy drink would be a good idea. That’s probably the most hyper I’ve been in my whole life. I have a massive headache from it. I think I’m out of questions. I saw RJ this morning, that was cool. Anyway, write me and ask me questions if you want. Justin”
Monday, May 5, 2008
Emily recieved RJ's and Justin Letters!
Posted by SheensOZ at 9:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hmmm I would like to hear some of the answers from my "romantic" brother. (Hahaha he is so going to get teased for that.)
Especially the State or Michigan fan one. There is definetly a right or wrong one there.
I will answer any that you want. Im such a State fan somedays i make myself sick.
Post a Comment