CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Letter from Justin

DON'T SEND JUSTIN ANY FOOD PACKAGES YET! WAIT UNTIL THINGS HAVE SETTLED DOWN!

I recieved a letter from Justin - unfortunatly just after I purchased the candies. I am not sure if he can recieve food, but after this last letter I thought we should all hold off for a little bit. There is good and bad to report (I have changed the name of those involved because this is the internet and I don't think it's appropriate to give out names not directly related to us. So I'll use the names PVT #1 and PVT #2 for two of Justin's groupmates.):

Copied directly from the letter:
"....PVT #1 went on sick call and was caught with Dip (chewing tabacco). That is a big No-No" He had to stand up and watch the rest of his platoon get yelled at and smoked. After getting smoked for awhile we had to open our lockers for a locker inspection. DS went around destroying our lockers and yelling looking for any and all controbands (tobacco, food, alcohol etc.) Then we got smoked again. After DS was too tired to yell we had to clean our lockers and everything. we were all sore, tired and in the worst mood ever! Everyone was yelling and fighting. By the time we were done we only got 4 hours of sleep and of course I was on fire guard so I only got 3 hours of sleep.
On top of that the DS's switched so we had a fresh DS. He woke us up in the middle of the night to mess with us. When we got up and went to morning formation the first DS yelled at us for a while.....[skiping a little]......We came back and the DS wanted to do an inspection. OF course someone was stupid enough to bring food in that day and hide it. Of course it was the same person that had food the day before PVT #2. We got smoked and yelled at, then smoked and yelled at, it was pretty much a rinse and repeat the whole time. Then PVT #2 lied to the DS saying he didn't have more and DS found more. So you can guess what happened. So DS gave him another chance and he said he didn't have more. So DS said to take all the ceiling tiles out, move bunk beds and wall lockers and search the whole bay. We did and he found a can of Dip and Copenhagen. After that things got really bad! Through a very long process we found out it was through PVT #2 that PVT #1 got his dip from. It got so bad that tons of people were near tears, so many fights happened. As a result from now on we are at 10 man fire guard shifts instead of 2 man, meaning everyone loses at least 2 hours of sleep every night. That's basically it a few other things happened but that was the biggest problem."

Yikes! This is why I suggest we hold off of the treats for a while.

Here is the good part of the letter:
"I am Team Leader"
[I am going to abbreviate this part]
Platoon guide (highest educated person in the group) chooses 4 Squad leaders who in turn each choose a Team leader. (I got this part a little wrong for those of you who I talked to - it was pretty confusing but I got it now)
Team leaders are based on PT, Education, maturity and leadership.
Job description: "to work one-on-one with everyone to make sure they are squared away (trained and proficient, able to act the right way before thinking). They also lead the teams in battle situations, giving orders and making the choices. I found out today so we'll see how it works out."

Funny part of the letter:
"[today] was boxing. It was a ton of fun although I did get my butt whopped. I got a bunch of good hits but the guy I was boxing tore me up! He does out weigh me by 45lbs but still, I lost."

The he mentions chilling with the DS's and the rest was directed towards our family.

1 comments:

SheensOZ said...

This is so sad to see Justin going through this. This must be a really tough way.No wonder, why he not in the mood but trying hard to write me letter after he found it in long while. Uh oh..here come SNICKERS!! Humm..I hope he have a way to give and share I don't know what gonna happen to him and his troop after DS find out. Guess, will have to wait and see. He did mention to my letter to send and share with 55 people. I think, it best to hold off like Hope said and will hear more thur Justin. I am so worries about RJ. Have NOT HEARD FROM HIM! Soo worries!